Recently I have begun work on re-designing the work website. Often the first place people will go (I know I often do) when researching about a school is to their web-page. And there are plenty of schools out there where the design is poor to reasonably poor. Ultimately that can be a very big factor on people’s perception of a school. As we look to head into a period of advertising our school to bolster enrollments, it was obvious that we needed a re-design.
I had previously built some graphics for the school Facebook page, and so decided to use these as a basis for the website.
This site is still under a bit of development as I get photo permissions sorted, and add in some final adjustments and pages.
- SkyBlueCanvas (UltraLite CMS – txt based database)
- Slideshow on home page
- Responsive web design
- Adjusting header bar as user window scrolls down
- Subtle texture background graphics
- Custom side-bars and page images for each page
- Google Webfonts
- Facebook sidebar integration